Juni, 6, 2022, 11:50-12:10 The lecture "3D Printing: Crystallization Kinetics of Polyamide 12 during Selective Laser Sintering" on 33rd International Symposium on Polymer Analysis and Characterization (ISPAC) in Milan, Italy will be held by Dr. Elena Moukhina. Kinetics Neo software provides a solution for improved understanding and quality assurance of the SLS process with Polyamide 12.
March 23, 2022. Webinar “Kinetics for Polymers – Decomposition, Curing and Crystallization by Kinetics Neo" (PDF, recorded video) was held by Dr. Elena Moukhina. In this Webinar Kinetics Neo was presented as the state-of the art software containing all recommended by ICTAC approaches and methods for kinetic analysis. We have demonstrated the unique features of the software for the different processes in polymers.
March 2, 2022. New Kinetics Neo Version 2.6.1 is released. The name of SBC reaction type in model-based analysis is corrected. Correct name is: SbC – Sbirrazzuoli Crystallization (Sestak-Berggren + Hoffman-Lauritzen). Initial parameters for SB model are also adjusted to have better initial fit.
February 23, 2022. Webinar "Polymer Crystallization Behavior - Easy to Understand by Means of the Kinetics Neo Software" was held by Dr. Elena Moukhina. Presentation File (PDF) and recorded video are added. To see the video in full screen, click on "Vimeo" at bottom right side.
February 16, 2022. New Kinetics Neo version 2.6.0 is released. Two new Reaction typesReaction type is the elementary mechanism of one individual reaction step in multi-step chemical reaction. Reaction type f(Cr, Cp) describes dependence of the reaction rate for individual reaction step on the concentrations of reactant Cr and product Cp for this step.reaction types for crystallization in model-based analysis are added: SB (Sestak-Berggren, chemical reaction with crystal building) and SBC (Sestak-Berggren Crystallization, polymer crystallization from the melt). The customers working with "heavy" crucibles or "heavy" instruments now can use new DSC deconvolution (“DSC correction”, "DSC desmearing") feature built in in the Kinetics Neo.
According wishes of many customers we have implement also the possibility to switch On (enable) or Off (disable) selected source data files used in the kinetic analysis.
Sticky. Article "ICTAC Kinetics Committee recommendations for analysis of multi-step kinetics" is published (free download link).
Kinetics Neo Roadmap
The actual Kinetics Neo version 2.6.1 was released on March 2, 2022.
Check our release history for more information.
What Is Kinetics Neo Software
The kinetics, also called reaction kinetics or chemical kinetics, investigates the rates of chemical processesand allows for the determination of reaction rates. It also takes the factors that control these rates into consideration. Knowledge about points such as these can give deep insight into the detailed molecular mechanisms behind elementary reactions.
NETZSCH Kinetics Neo software is used to analyze chemical processes. The software allows for the analysis of temperature-dependent processes. The result of such analysis is a kinetics model or method correctly describing experimental data under different temperature conditions. Use of the model allows for predictions of a chemical system’s behavior under user-defined temperature conditions. Alternatively, such models can be used for process optimization.
The software can analyze different types of thermal curves that depict the changes in a given material property measured during a process. Potential data sources include studies using Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC), Thermogravimetry (TGA), Dilatometry (DIL), Dielectric Analysis (DEA), Accelerating Rate Calorimetry (ARC), Rheology and Viscosity (Torque).
Please have a look at the video about the basics of the Kinetics Neo and it's advanced functions and features recorded during the webinar at April 29, 2021. Important parts are:
Kinetics Neo Can Help If You Need To:
- Determine the amount of time needed for paint to cure;
- Optimize production time for qualitative ceramics;
- Maximize the quality of metal powder product during polymer burnout;
- Check how quickly a pharmaceutical is able to work;
- Optimize a material’s synthesis process when using a new catalyst;
- Find out the curing time for a dental filling.
Supported Measurement Types
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) / Differential Thermal Analysis (DTA),
- DSC with Diffusion Control,
- Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA) / Thermogravimetry (TG),
- Dilatometry (DIL),
- Dielectric Analysis (DEA),
- Accelerating Rate Calorimetry (ARC),
- Viscosity (Torque).
What Makes Kinetics Neo So Valuable:
- Completely rewritten from scratch, this innovative software is based on the latest technologies.
- The improved user interface is fast and easy to use.
- All model-free and model-based methods are included. The results from all of these methods can be statistically compared wit h one another.
- The powerful new numerical model-free method ensures fast determination of the best model-free solution.
- Predictions and optimizations can be achieved by means of both model-free and model-based methods.
- A visual kinetic model can be created quickly and easily using the model-based method.
- The kinetic model can contain any number of individual reaction steps in any combination. Reaction steps can be easily added, removed or changed by the user.
- The position of individual reaction steps can be visually adjusted at any time.
- An individual step or the entire kinetic model can be optimized with just a click of the mouse.
- The software provides the formal concentration of each reactant and reaction rate for each reaction step as a function of time or temperature.
- Isothermal crystallization reactions can be analyzed and predicted.
Kinetics Neo Features
Kinetics Neo follows the latest ICTAC recommendations published in the article "ICTAC Kinetics Committee recommendations for analysis of multi-step kinetics".
Model-Free Methods allow the activation energy of the reaction process to be found without the assumption of any kinetic model (ASTM E698, ASTM E2890, ASTM E1641, Friedman, Ozawa-Flynn-Wall, KAS, Numeric Optimization).
Model-Based Methodsapply powerful cutting-edge mathematical calculations to create the best kinetic model; the different kinetic models can then also be compared statistically.
Predictions— Kinetics Neo is used for simulations and predictions once the experimental data has been described by either model-free or model-based kinetics. Predictions can be calculated for various temperature programs: isothermal, dynamic, multiple step, step-iso, modulated, or adiabatic.
Optimization is based on predictions; the temperature program can be optimized to achieve maximum product quality in the minimum amount of time.
Kinetics Neo runs under Microsoft Windows 11 64-bit or Windows 10 64-bit version. Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.8 is required.
Minimum hardware requirements are: Intel i5 or similar CPU, 8 GB RAM. Faster processor (more MHz) and bigger RAM increase calculation speed.