July 23,2021. New Kinetics Neo version 2.5.2 is released. Main new features / fixes are:
- Two new baselines Right Tangential and Tangential for the viscosity data are added.
- Additional export of isoconversional lines for ASTM E698, E2890, E1641, Friedman, OFW, KAS in Export Data is added.
- Fixed Data Export for predictions with Y-axis "Sum of Peaks".
July 05, 2021. Kinetics Neo runs on first Insider Preview version of Windows 11 build 22000.51 !
July 05, 2021. New article "An introduction to n-th order and autocatalysis reactions" (PDF) is added to our sections Learn and Theoretical Articles about Kinetics in our Literature .
April 29, 2021. Webinar: Thermokinetics: Advantages and disadvantages of different approaches. Unique and powerful features of NETZSCH Kinetics Neo software was held by our expert Dr. Elena Moukhina. Recorded video can be seen here, presentation PDF file can be downloaded here.
March, 22,2021. New Application Note Nakamura Model for Polymer Crystallization Kinetics during Cooling is added to the Applications. The Application contains the kinetic modelling of influence of cooling rate on the crystallization rate and final degree of crystallization of PET.
Sticky. New article "ICTAC Kinetics Committee recommendations for analysis of multi-step kinetics" is published (free download link).
The actual Kinetics Neo version 2.5.2 was released on July 23, 2021.
Check our release history for more information.
- TMR plot and prediction for acceleration reaction calorimeters (ARC).
Please have a look at the video about the basics of the Kinetics Neo and it's advanced functions and features recorded during the webinar at April 29, 2021. Important parts are:
- 02:25 Target of thermokinetic analysis and necessary measurements (slides 3-9, 8 minutes);
- 10:38 Analysis approaches, advantages and disadvantages (slides 10-24, 17 minutes);
- 27:54 Unique features of Kinetics Neo (slides 27-48, 23 minutes).
The kinetics, also called reaction kinetics or chemical kinetics, investigates the rates of chemical processes and allows for the determination of reaction rates. It also takes the factors that control these rates into consideration. Knowledge about points such as these can give deep insight into the detailed molecular mechanisms behind elementary reactions.
NETZSCH Kinetics Neo software is used to analyze chemical processes. The software allows for the analysis of temperature-dependent processes. The result of such analysis is a kinetics model or method correctly describing experimental data under different temperature conditions. Use of the model allows for predictions of a chemical system’s behavior under user-defined temperature conditions. Alternatively, such models can be used for process optimization.
The software can analyze different types of thermal curves that depict the changes in a given material property measured during a process. Potential data sources include studies using Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC), Thermogravimetry (TGA), Dilatometry (DIL), Dielectric Analysis (DEA) and Accelerating Rate Calorimetry (ARC).
- Determine the amount of time needed for paint to cure;
- Optimize production time for qualitative ceramics;
- Maximize the quality of metal powder product during polymer burnout;
- Check how quickly a pharmaceutical is able to work;
- Optimize a material’s synthesis process when using a new catalyst;
- Find out the curing time for a dental filling.
- Completely rewritten from scratch, this innovative software is based on the latest technologies.
- The improved user interface is fast and easy to use.
- All model-free and model-based methods are included. The results from all of these methods can be statistically compared with one another.
- The powerful new numerical model-free method ensures fast determination of the best model-free solution.
- Predictions and optimizations can be achieved by means of both model-free and model-based methods.
- A visual kinetic model can be created quickly and easily using the model-based method.
- The kinetic model can contain any number of individual reaction steps in any combination. Reaction steps can be easily added, removed or changed by the user.
- The position of individual reaction steps can be visually adjusted at any time.
- An individual step or the entire kinetic model can be optimized with just a click of the mouse.
- The software provides the formal concentration of each reactant and reaction rate for each reaction step as a function of time or temperature.
- Isothermal crystallization reactions can be analyzed and predicted.
Kinetics Neo follows the latest ICTAC recommendations published in the article "ICTAC Kinetics Committee recommendations for analysis of multi-step kinetics".
Model-Free Methods allow the activation energy of the reaction process to be found without the assumption of any kinetic model (ASTM E698, ASTM E2890, ASTM E1641, Friedman, Ozawa-Flynn-Wall, KAS, Numeric Optimization).
Model-Based Methods apply powerful cutting-edge mathematical calculations to create the best kinetic model; the different kinetic models can then also be compared statistically.
Predictions — Kinetics Neo is used for simulations and predictions once the experimental data has been described by either model-free or model-based kinetics. Predictions can be calculated for various temperature programs: isothermal, dynamic, multiple step, step-iso, modulated, or adiabatic.
Optimization is based on predictions; the temperature program can be optimized to achieve maximum product quality in the minimum amount of time.
Kinetics Neo runs under Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit version. Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.8 is required.
Minimum hardware requirements are: Intel i5 or similar CPU, 8 GB RAM. Faster processor (more MHz) and bigger RAM increase calculation speed.