- Sergey Vyazovkin, Alan K. Burnham , Loic Favergeon , Nobuyoshi Koga , Elena Moukhina , Luis A. Pérez-Maqueda , Nicolas Sbirrazzuoli, ICTAC Kinetics Committee recommendations for analysis of multi-step kinetics, Thermochimica Acta, 689, (2020), 178597, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tca.2020.178597
Basic principles and main recommendations from ICTAC for "isoconversional" (also known as "model free") methods and "multi-step model fitting" (also known as "model based") methods to be used worldwide are described. The objective of these recommendations is to help a non-expert with efficiently performing multi-step kinetic analysis and interpreting its results.
- E.Moukhina, Determination of kinetic mechanisms for reactions measured with thermoanalytical instruments, J.Therm.Anal.Calorim. 109(3) (2012) 1203-1214, doi 10.1007/s10973-012-2406-3
The article contains main rules for kinetic modelling containing parallel, consecutive or competitive reaction steps. Two-step kinetic models are illustrated by thermogravimetric curves, created for the mixture of independent decomposing materials (independent processes), for double- step decomposition of one material (consecutive steps) and for decomposition of one material by two different ways with the mixture of two products in different concentrations (competitive reaction steps)
- E.Moukhina, Comparison of isothermal predictions based on model-free and model-based kinetic methods, J.Test.Eval 42(6) (2014) 1377-1386, doi 10.1520/JTE20140145
- Elena Moukhina , Initial kinetic parameters for the model-based kinetic method, High Temperatures-High Pressures, 42 (4) (2013), 287-302
- Elena Moukhina, Direct Analysis in modulated thermogravimetry, Thermochimica Acta, 576 (2014) 75-83, doi 10.1016/j.tca.2013.11.024
Theory for model free analysis of temperature modulated data.
- J. Opfermann: "Kinetic analysis using multivariate non-linear regression I. Basic concepts" published in Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, Vol. 60 (2000) 641-658
- I.V.Arkhangelskii et al., Non-isothermal kinetic methods, 2013, ISNB 978-3-8442-4693-3
- Part A: M.E. Brown, M. Maciejewski, S. Vyazovkin, R. Nomen, J. Sempere, A. Burnham, J. Opfermann, R. Stey, H.L. Anderson, A. Kemmler, R. Keuleers, J. Janssens, H.O. Desseyn, ChaoRui Li, Tong B. Tang, B. Roduit, J. Malek, T. Mitsuhashi: "Computational aspects of kinetik analysis. Part A: The ICTAC kinetics project-data, methods and results" published in Thermochimica Acta 355 (2000) 125-143 doi 10.1016/S0040-6031(00)00443-3
- Part D: A.K. Burnham: "Computational aspects of kinetic analysis. Part D: The ICTAC kinetics project - multi-thermal-history model-fitting methods and their relation to isoconversional methods" published in Thermochimica Acta 355 (2000) 165-170 doi 10.1016/S00406031(00)00446-9
- D. Hesekamp, M.H. Pahl: "Curing effects on viscosity of reactive epoxy resin adhesives" published in Rheologica Acta, Vol. 35, No. 4 (1996)
- Liang Xu: "An introduction to n-th order and autocatalysis reactions".
- J. Opfermann, E. Kaisersberger, H.J. Flammersheim: "Model-free analysis of thermoanalytical data-advantages and limitations" published in Thermochimica Acta 391 (2002) 119-127. Doi 10.1016/S0040-6031(02)00169-7
- J. Opfermann, H.J. Flammersheim: "Some comments to the paper of J.D. Sewry and M.E. Brown: 'Model-free' kinetic analysis?" published in Thermochimica Acta 397 (2003) 1-3. doi 10.1016/S0040-6031(02)00224-1
- J. Opfermann, F. Giblin, J. Mayer, E. Kaisersberger: "An improved method for invariant kinetic parameters and a high level of model differentiation" published in AMERICAN LABORATORY 1995, -vol. 27, -number 4, -pp. 34-41.
- Guguschev C., Moukhina E., Wollwebwr J, Dittmar A., In-situ kinetic investigations during aluminium nitride purification and crystal growth processes by capillary coupled mass spectrometry, Thermochimica Acta,526(1) (2011), 213-221, doi 10.1016/j.tca.2011.09.017
- G.Guguschev, A. Dittmar, E.Moukhina, C.Hartmann, S.Golka, J.Wollweber, M.Bickermann, R.Fornari, Growth of bulk AIN single crystals with low oxygen content taking into account thermal and kinetic effects of oxygen-related gaseous species, Journal of Crystal Growth 360 (2012), doi:10.1016/j.crysgro.2012.02.019
- Elena Moukhina, Thermal decomposition of AIBN Part C: SADT calculation of AIBN based on DSC experiments, Thermochim. Acta (2015), doi 10.1016/j.tca.2015.06.012
- H.J. Flammersheim, J. Opfermann: "Kinetic evaluation of DSC curves for reacting systems with variable stoichiometric compositions" published in Thermochimica Acta 388 (2002) 389400 doi 10.1016/S0040-6031(02)00042-4
- H.J. Flammersheim, J. Opfermann: "Investigation of Epoxide Curing Reactions by Differential Scanning Calorimetry - Formal Kinetic Evaluation" published in Macromolecular Materials and Engineering 286 (2001) 143-150
- H.J. Flammersheim: "Formal-kinetic evaluation of polyaddition reactions - results of a roundrobin test, initialised by the working group 'Polymers' of the German Society for Thermal Analysis (GEFTA)" published in Thermochimica Acta 361 (2000) 21-29 doi 10.1016/S00406031(00)00544-X
- H.J. Flammersheim, J. Opfermann: "The dimerization of cyclopentadiene - a test reaction for the kinetic analysis of DSC measurements and the performance of a kinetic evaluation program" published in Thermochimica Acta 337 (1999) 149-153 doi 10.1016/S00406031(99)00163-X
- J. Opfermann, W. Hädrich: "Prediction of the thermal response of hazardous materials during storage using an improved technique", published in Thermochimica Acta 263 (1995) 29 - 50 doi 10.1016/0040-6031(94)02392-2
- H.J. Flammersheim, J. Opfermann: " Formal kinetic evaluation of reactions with partial diffusion control" published in Thermochimica Acta 337 (1999) 141-148 doi 10.1016/S00406031(99)00162-8
- N. Eckardt, H.J. Flammersheim, H.K. Cammenga: "The CIS-Trans Isomerization of Azobenzene in the molten state (The useful test reaction for the kinetic evaluation of DSC measurements)" published in Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, Vol. 52 (1998) 177
- E. Kaisersberger, J. Opfermann: "Kinetic Evaluation of Exothermal Reactions Measured by DSC" published in Thermochimica Acta 187 (1991) 151-158 doi 10.1016/00406031(91)87189-4
- Peter R. Hondred, Sungho Yoon, Elena Moukhina, Michael R.Kessler, Degradation of Polyimide Wire Insulation, High Performance Polymers, 23(4) (2011) 335-342, doi 10.1177/0954008311409262
- Martin J.G. Fait, Elena Moukhina, Michael Feist, Hans-Joachim Lunk, Thermal decomposition of ammonium paratungstate tetrahydrate: New insights by a combined thermal and kinetic analysis,Thermochim Acta(2016), doi:10.1016/j.tca.2016.05.009
- Elena Moukhina, How to simulate and optimise debinding processes, Materials World magazine
- Nebojša Manić, Bojan Janković & Vladimir Dodevski, Model-free and model-based kinetic analysis of Poplar fluff (Populus alba) pyrolysis process under dynamic conditions. J. Therm. Anal. Calorim. (2020). doi.org/10.1007/s10973-020-09675-y.
- J. Opfermann, J. Blumm, W.D. Emmerich: "Simulation of the sintering behavior of a ceramic green body using advanced thermokinetic analysis" published in Thermochimica Acta 318 (1998) 213-220 doi 10.1016/S0040-6031(98)00345-1
- J. Blumm, J. Opfermann, U. Janosovits, H.J. Pohlmann "Simulation of the Sintering Behavior of High-Tech Ceramics by Means of Dilatometry and Thermokinetic Analysis" published in High Temperatures - High Pressures, 32(5):567-572 January 2000, DOI: 10.1068/htwu521