Kinetics Neo project file version 2.5 has now new file format “KINX2”. We have to introduce this new format to support the new features. The Kinetics Neo projects saved in new format “KINX2” cannot be opened in Kinetics Neo version 2.4 or earlier.
We have introduces new SaveAs function. Now it is possible to save file in new format 2.5 as old 2.4 in File – SaveAs dialog. These converted file can be opened in Kinetics Neo 2.4:
- Each step in model based analysis is shown separately.
- The sum of all peaks is presented.
- Works with several curves.
- Peak shape has chemical Arrhenius background .
- Individual reactions can be dependent according to kinetic model.
- Uses for chemical reactions only.
- For model based analysis only.
- Analysis in model based method,
- Predictions for model based method,
- Optimization for model based method.
This is a fast method for determination of the material behavior under fire conditions based on the new External Temperature Profile prediction.
The predictions for external profiles is useful for some special cases where the external profiles are already created. For example in the case of fire the temperature increase is well known and can be stored as the preset in the external file for installation. Here is the example of using preset for fire curve for oil as the external temperature file:
Kinetics Neo 2.5 is delivered with the following fire presets:
|Preset_Fire_Standard_Cellulose.txt||standard fire of celllose|
|Preset_Fire_Oil.txt||fire in oil refining or petroleum|
|Presets_Fire_Smoulding.txt||slow smoulding in leak of oxyden|
- ISO 834 Fire Resistance Tests – Elements of Building Construction: ISO standard – 1975.
- EN 1363 Fire Resistance Tests: Part 1 ”General requirements” and part 2 “Alternative and additional procedures”, CEN 1999.
- Sergey Vyazovkin and David Dollimore, Linear and Nonlinear Procedures in Isoconversional Computations of the Activation Energy of Nonisothermal Reactions in Solids J. Chem. Inf. Comput. Sci. 1996, 36, 1, doi.org/10.1021/ci950062m
- Sergey Vyazovkin, Alan K. Burnham, José M. Criado, Luis A. Pérez-Maqueda, Crisan Popescu, Nicolas Sbirrazzuoli, ICTAC Kinetics Committee recommendations for performing kinetic computations on thermal analysis data, Thermochimica Acta 520 (2011) 1-19, doi.org/10.1016/j.tca.2011.03.034
This functionality is necessary for kinetics analysis and predictions for rheometer data measured by NETZSCH Kinexus and similar instruments. This new feature is also implemented because of many customer requests.
These analysis and predictions works for the following data types:
- Ion viscosity in DEA.
You can use the new standard sample Viscosity_Araldite/Viscosity_Araldite_Data.kinx2:
- For both model free and model based analysis.
- Analysis – model free and model based,
- Ion viscosity in DEA.
The standard sample DEA_Ep_Resin/DEA_Ep_Resin_Analysis.kinx can be used. By applying the model based analysis the experimental and simulated viscosity are shown:
Kinetics Neo since version 2.5 will use the online Subscriptions and Downloads services. This information is shown on the right side inside a new “About / Downloads” panel in the File menu.
The online subscriptions service can be switched OFF and ON by clicking on the “Use Online Services” checkbox in the top right corner of the panel. Switching online service to OFF may be useful if you use Kinetics Neo on the computer which is not connected to the Internet.
If the online subscriptions services are switched ON and the computer is connected to the internet the following window will be shown (example):
Now it is possible to check your Kinetics Neo Subscriptions data. For example, in the picture above in the middle of the right column you see that the subscription is expired in June 13, 2019.
It is now also possible to see which Kinetics Neo software versions are available to download for your subscription(s) in the table on the bottom of the right column. All software versions with the word “Download” in the “Downloads” column are including in your subscription(s) and may be immediately downloaded.
If the Downloads column contains “Request” for some versions that means that these versions were released after your subscriptions was expired. By clicking on “Request” you will be forwarded to the “Request Kinetics Neo Support Subscription” web page of the Kinetics Neo web site.
In our sample case the currently installed version is 22.214.171.124 (field “Product Version” on the top left). The current version is also marked as green row in the Versions table.
The online subscription services also check in every software start for the new released Kinetics Neo version. If it is found then you will be informed about it with the following message:
In order to get your Subscriptions and Downloads for your installed Kinetics Neo few data are sent from your PC to our Web Services. These data are:
- Kinetics Neo Serial Number,
- Version number of Kinetics Neo.
We need this for the requesting the details of your Support Subscription.
No any other data are sent.